This is a blog I am working on everyday in my graphic arts class. It is all about artists and different methods of art. I hope you enjoy...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Chinese Lantern Festival
The first month of the Chinese calendar is called yuan month, but in ancient times it was called xiao, therefore it is called Yuan Xiao Festival in China. The fifteenth day is the first night to see a full moon. According to the Chinese tradition there should be thousands of lanterns for everyone to appreciate. There are many different beliefs about the origin of the Lantern Festival, however, it is certain that it had something to do with celebrating and cultivating positive relationships between people, families, nature and the higher beings that were believed to be responsible for bringing or returning the light each year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CHINESE LIKE MEEE!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
ReplyDeleteIf it were possible I would like that comment :)
ReplyDelete